Lagertha on the court as judge & Heimdall miracle.

Lagertha -"Good day to you, folk. What is the problem here?"

Villager (Unnamed) -"The problem is her."

Lagertha -"What has she done?"

Villager (Unnamed) -"She has had a child, the boy in her arms."

Lagertha -"What of it?"

Villager (Unnamed) -"He's not my child, we tried for many years to have children but without success. And then, just over a year ago, a young man came to the door. I remember the day. I was making a loom. The young man said his name was Ríg... He gave us some good advice on our work
and stayed at our house. After three days, he left, and then nine months later, she gave birth to a son.

[People laughing]

Lagertha (to the women) -"Whose child is it?"

Women -"I do not know, My Lady... We were all in the same bed, I was too scared..."

Villager (Unnamed) -"You see? She is not an honest woman, she had sex with Ríg and could not bring herself to tell me the truth!"

Lagertha -" Do you know who this Ríg was?"

Women -"No, he was just a young man."

Lagertha -"On the contrary. We know from our ancient stories that Ríg is another name for Heimdall."

Women -"The god Heimdall?"

Villager (Unnamed)  -"My lady!"

Lagertha -"Yes, the god Heimdall! You are fortunate that he chose your household to appear in."

Villager (Unnamed) -"That's just a story."

Lagertha -"Our whole lives are just stories. You should be ashamed you did not trust your wife,  despite the joy and comfort she has brought you, and the fact that a god chose you of all people to visit. Do not punish her, but rejoice with her, drink wine with her, and sacrifice one of your animals
to Heimdall the god... But if I hear you have harmed this woman or this child, you will answer for it to me!"

•Season 1 Episode 8•









Comentários

Mensagens populares