Athelstan can't be sacrificed

Ragnar -"Every nine years, we travel to the temple at Uppsala, to give thanks to the gods and to offer them sacrifices for all they do for us. For protecting us, for the success in battle, for the rains that they bring that grow our crops and, of course, for our children. This year I was not going to go, for there is too much to do around here. Then my unborn son was cruelly taken from me, and it made me wonder
what I had done to anger the gods. What do christians do about such pain?"

Athelstan -"In the Bible, it says that all sorrows will pass."

Ragnar -"In any case, I've decided to go. I'm going to take the children for the first time, for it's important that they go. What about you?"

Athelstan -"Me? What about me?"

Ragnar -"Perhaps you would prefer to stay here and worship your own God."

Athelstan -"No, I'll gladly come with you."

Ragnar -"Good. I would have taken you anyway."

Next Scene [In Uppsala]

Athelstan -"What is this?"

Ragnar -"These will all be killed as sacrifices."

Athelstan -"Six, seven, eight, nine... Seven, eight, nine. And nine goats, and nine pigs... There's nine of everything!"

Ragnar -"Yes, nine of every kind."

Ahtelstan -"And this?"

Ragnar -"It's for all the humans that have been chosen."


[Later]

Priest Uppsala -"Have you come here of your own free will?"

Athelstan -"Yes."

Priest Uppsal -"At first, I was suspicious of you. I sensed something, so I spoke to lord Ragnar. He told me your story: That you were a priest, That you were a christian and worshipped a god called Jesus Christ. Is that true?"

Athelstan -"Yes."

Priest Uppsal -"And do you still worship this god? Are you still, in your heart a christian?"

Athelstan "No."

Priest Uppsal -"Say again."

Athelstan -"No."

Priest Uppsal -"Say again."

Athelstan -"No."

Priest Uppsal -"And a third time. say it."

Athelstan -"No." (Whispered)

Priest Uppsal -"You know why you're here, don't you? You have been brought here as a sacrifice to the gods."




Comentários

Mensagens populares