The Veteran Warrior want go to Valhalla


Ragnar -"What is your name?"

Tostig -"Tostig, Lord Ragnar."

Ragnar -"Do you swear allegiance and fealty to me and to my family from this day forth?"

Rollo -"That won't be so long then." (Joking with Tostig age).

Tostig -"By my sacred rings, I swear. But I also have a favor to ask, Lord."

Ragnar -"What is this favor?"

Tostig -"That the next time you go raiding, you take me with you.

Everyone laughing...

Ragnar -"I do not wish to insult you, but the truth is you..."

Tostig -"That I am too old? Yes, I am old... But I have been a warrior all my life, many years I sailed with Lord Haraldson and fought battles against the Eastlanders, and I watched all the companions of my youth die. And though I fought with them in the shield-wall, never once was I touched by a blade.
All the friends and companions of my youth are dead and feasting and drinking with the Aesir in the halls of the gods! While I, I am forsaken, bereft... Which is why I beg you, Lord, gift me the chance
to die with honor in battle and join my friends in Valhalla."

Ragnar -"This summer, we shall have more ships to go west, for that is our future. When we return to England, let's take him with us. All in favor?"

Everybody screamed -"AAYE!!!"

•Season 1 Episode 6•


Comentários

Mensagens populares